National SAVE Day
The National Association of Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE) invites you to participate in National SAVE Day! Mark your calendars for this important event to take place on October 19, 2016. This event occurs annually during the third full week in October during America’s Safe Schools Week.
ELEMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SAVE DAY
DOWNLOADS FOR A SUCCESSFUL NATIONAL SAVE DAY!
- DOWNLOAD THE NATIONAL SAVE DAY PLANNING GUIDE – The National SAVE Day flyer contains ideas for each of the elements for a successful SAVE Day. From awareness activities and assemblies, to service projects and community events, there is something for every SAVE chapter.
- NATIONAL SAVE DAY PLANNING… LET’S GET STARTED! – A sample timeline to assist you in planning your activities that begins in early September so that you are ready for October! Timeline includes planning tips, awareness ideas, and follow-up after your day’s activities.
- SAVE DAY PROCLAMATION – A sample proclamation that you can use to have your principal, mayor or governor proclaim the Wednesday of America’s Safe Schools Week as National SAVE Day in your school, community or state.
- SAVE DAY MEDIA ADVISORY – A draft media advisory into which you can insert your chapters name, location and activities to share with local media about the great things your chapter is planning for National SAVE Day.
- SAMPLE NATIONAL SAVE DAY RALLY – A sample National SAVE Day Rally Agenda that you can modify for your Chapter. Includes Violence Prevention Message and Bullying Message.
- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT – Sample 30 second Public Service Announcement (PSA) that you can modify to use to promote your National SAVE Day activities. Contact local radio/TV stations to see if they will record/run for you or play them on your local school network or read over daily announcements.
- VIOLENCE PREVENTION PLEDGE – Sample Violence Prevention Pledge that you can modify and ask students and adults to sign as part of your National SAVE Day activities. You can also put the pledge on a banner and ask folks to sign the banner.
- SAVE DAY BROCHURE – Sample National SAVE Day Brochure with space to insert your activities as well as tips for how students and parents can be involved in violence prevention.
Not a chapter? Click here to register.