Suggested NYVPW Social Media Posts
Suggested posts Leading up to #NYVPW
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week is March 30 – April 3 with each day focusing on a specific #ViolencePrevention strategy. #UniteInAction with us and help spread the word using #NYVPW. https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/national_youth_violence_prevention_week
- Check out the daily challenges for National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 30 – April 3) and share what activities you have planned to #UniteInAction for #NYVPW. https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/national_youth_violence_prevention_week
- We are proud to be a part of National Youth Violence Prevention Week! Join us as we encourage youth to #UniteInAction to prevent violence. Follow #NYVPW for daily activities, tips and ideas. https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/national_youth_violence_prevention_week
Day 1: Know the Signs and SAVE the Day!
- It’s the first day of #NYVPW! National Youth Violence Prevention Week teaches youths how to #SaySomething when they see warning signs and threats. Get helpful tips: https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/say-something
- During #NYVPW, learn the signs to SAVE the day! https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/prevention-programs2
- #NYVPW Daily Activity: Reach out to someone who is posting and trying to connect on social media but doesn’t seem to get any likes or comments. Just #StartWithHello.
Day 2: Promote Respect & Tolerance
- #NYVPW Daily Activity: Take a screenshot of you and a new friend on a video call and post it to celebrate new friendships.
- For #NYVPW perform one #ActOfKindness today. Encourage others to do the same!
- #NYVPW Compliment Drive: Give compliments to at least five people. Comment on social media, text with friends or call family members. Ask them to #PayItForward!
Day 3: Be an Upstander!
- #NYVPW Daily Activity: Share your story using #ImAnUpstanderBecause
- Trusted adults #KnowTheSigns and listen to brave youths who #SaySomething. For #NYVPW share your story using #ImATrustedAdultBecause
- Recognize someone who goes above and beyond to help create a positive, safe and friendly culture. Encourage them to take a selfie and post it with #NYVPW #Upstander. Retweet or share on your own social media channels.
Day 4 : Resolve Conflicts Peacefully
- #NYVPW Daily Activity: Paint or draw a peace symbol then take a photo and post on social media. Tag friends to make peace or give them a shout out for promoting peace and positivity.
- Mindful moments help us to pause and observe our thoughts. For #NYVPW share your favorite inspirational quote.
- Disagreements don’t need to end in violence. If you feel angry, fearful or anxious, talk to a #TrustedAdult or find an outlet such as music, baking, exercise or art. Share what works for you by posting a photo or video using #NYVPW.
Day 5: Unite in Action!
- #NYVPW Daily Activity: Unite in Service. Organize a service project where youth and adults come together and make a difference.
- This is how our club made a difference during #NYVPW [Insert text and images on how your club made a difference this week!] @sandyhook @nationalsave
- Although National Youth Violence Prevention Week may be ending, prevent youth violence all year long by registering a SAVE Promise Club! https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/savepromiseclub
- SAVE Promise Clubs create a culture of looking out for one another,
being upstanders and preventing violence before it happens. Find out how to create your own club at https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/savepromiseclub
- Implement a Say Something program at your school to prevent youth violence all year long! https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/prevention_programs