National Youth Violence Prevention Week – Service Organizations
Click on the National Youth Violence Prevention Week Community Wheel to learn how everyone can play a part in preventing youth violence!
Service Organizations can make the Promise To Prevent Youth Violence!
You can demonstrate your commitment to protecting today’s youth and building safer communities by…
- Scheduling daily activities with youth in your programs throughout National Youth Violence Prevention Week (NYVPW)
- Contacting your local schools to encourage them to participate in National Youth Violence Prevention Week (NYVPW) and starting a SAVE Promise Club
- Play the Evan Video and facilitate conversations on how to Know the Signs and prevent violence BEFORE it happens.
- Implementing Start With Hello or Say Something, two easy to implement and FREE programs from Sandy Hook Promise that empower and educate youth on how to prevent violence BEFORE it happens
- Promoting NYVPW through your organization’s newsletter or blog
- Delivering a daily #NYVPW message through your social media
- Reviewing the Say Something materials from Sandy Hook Promise, and learn what it means to be a trusted adult to youth you work with
- Inviting your local legislators to participate in NYVPW and asking them to officially recognize the event
- Asking your local media to cover NYVPW
- Wearing violence-prevention ribbons and hanging banners to demonstrate your support for NYVPW
- Offering to present or sponsor workshops for a local in-school violence prevention conference
- Creating and displaying posters with information on local youth violence prevention initiatives
- Creating a special webpage on your organization’s website that highlights NYVPW and its strategies
- Donating time, talent, energy and resources to help with events throughout the week
- Attending your local school’s violence prevention conference and expressing your concerns about youth violence
- Encouraging your members to become mentors and teaching their mentees effective ways to prevent violence
- Joining a local roundtable and uniting in action with others in your community to reduce violence
- Following @nationalsave and @sandyhook on social media to stay informed of #NYVPW activities
RETURN TO NYVPW MENU