National Youth Violence Prevention Week – Medical
Click on the National Youth Violence Prevention Week Community Wheel to learn how everyone can play a part in preventing youth violence!
Health Care Workers can make the Promise to Prevent Youth Violence!
You can demonstrate your commitment to protecting today’s youth and building safer communities by…
- Contacting your local school to encourage them to participate in National Youth Violence Prevention Week (NYVPW) and to initiate a SAVE Promise Club
- Inviting your local legislators to participate in NYVPW and asking them to officially recognize the event
- Educating yourself on Sandy Hook Promise’s free Know the Signs violence prevention programs
- Reviewing the Say Something materials from Sandy Hook Promise, and learn what it means to be a trusted adult. Discuss with youth to see if they can identify trusted adults in their lives.
- Wearing violence-prevention ribbons and hanging NYVPW banners to demonstrate your support for the initiative
- Promoting NYVPW through your newsletters
- Offering your time, talent, and energy to help out with events throughout the week, such as sponsoring or presenting workshops during local in-school violence prevention conferences
- Creating a special webpage on your organization’s website that highlights NYVPW and its strategies
- Adding a link from your agency’s website or social media page to National Youth Violence Prevention Week
- Adopting a school and donating educational resources to teach the students there how to reduce violence
- Creating and displaying a NYVPW poster with information on local in-school conferences
- Asking your local media to cover NYVPW
- Attending your local school’s violence prevention conference and sharing your concerns about youth violence
- Creating and giving away NYVPW bookmarks in your lobby to share violence prevention strategies with the general public
- Selecting a representative from your staff to join a local roundtable and uniting in action with others in your community to reduce violence
- Becoming a mentor and teaching your mentee effective ways to prevent violence
- Promoting NYVPW with a newsletter article or blog
- Delivering a daily NYVPW message through your social media #NYVPW
- Following @nationalsave and @sandyhook on social media to stay informed of NYVPW activities