National Youth Violence Prevention Week – Business
Click on the National Youth Violence Prevention Week Community Wheel to learn how everyone can play a part in preventing youth violence!
Businesses can make the Promise to Prevent Youth Violence! You can demonstrate your commitment to protecting today’s youth and building safer communities by…
- Contacting your local schools to encourage them to participate in National Youth Violence Prevention Week (NYVPW) and to initiate a SAVE Promise Club
- Inviting your local legislators to participate in NYVPW and asking them to officially recognize the event
- Educating yourself on Sandy Hook Promise’s free Know the Signs violence prevention programs
- Wearing violence-prevention ribbons and hanging banners to demonstrate your support for NYVPW
- Promoting NYVPW through your company’s newsletter
- Allowing your employees to take time off to help out with events throughout the week.
- Adopting a school and sponsor their NYVPW activities or donate educational resources to teach students there how to reduce violence
- Sponsoring workshops for local in-school violence prevention conferences
- Encouraging your staff to become mentors and teaching their mentees effective ways to prevent violence. Encourage them to review the Say Something materials from Sandy Hook Promise, and learning what it means to be a trusted adult to youth.
- Announcing a prize or incentive for a school district contest for participating in National Youth Violence Prevention Week or implementing Sandy Hook Promise Know the Signs
- Asking your local media to cover NYVPW
- Creating a special webpage on your company’s website that highlights the NYVPW and its strategies
- Adding a link on your agency’s website or social media page to National Youth Violence Prevention Week
- Attending your local school’s violence prevention conference and sharing your concerns about youth violence
- Highlighting NYVPW in newspaper and local magazine advertising and offering discounts for anyone wearing ribbons during National Youth Violence Prevention Week
- Creating and displaying a NYVPW poster with information on local in-school conferences
- Creating and giving away bookmarks in your stores and offices to share violence prevention strategies with your employees, their children, and the general public
- Selecting a company representative to join a local roundtable and uniting in action with others in your community to reduce violence
- Promoting NYVPW with a newsletter article or blog
- Delivering a daily NYVPW message through your social media #NYVPW
- Following @nationalsave and @sandyhook on social media to stay informed of #NYVPW activities