South Pike High School
The SAVE Chapter at South Pike High School has had a busy year. Some of the activities are listed here:
Back to School Activities (August-September)
- Provided SmartTrack (Drug/Alcohol Survey)for all students grades 6-11 again this year.
- Students (9-12) will participate in Driver’s Education
- Hosted presentations from the following: U.S. Marines Recruiter, U.S. Army Recruiter, University of Mississippi Admissions Recruiter, Mississippi State University Admission Recruiter, Southwest Mississippi Community College Admission Recruiter and McComb WINN Job Center Senior Transition Coordinator
- Conscious Discipline Program – August 9, 2013
- Rachel’s Challenge Program – August 21, 2013
- AT&T It Can Wait Program – September 19, 2013
America’s Safe School Week (October 21-25, 2013)
- Participated in the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country…….Red Ribbon Week
- Driver’s Education students wrote essays “Why you shouldn’t Text and Drive”
- Students wore their SAVE Pins “Youth Voices…..Grown-Up Choices” Students Against Violence Everywhere
- Family Individual Health Classes hosted presentations
In April the Teens Against Chemical Abuse Club partnered with the Sheriff’s Department to promote solutions to teen violence. The Club participated in the statewide youth conference, Teens on the Move, which focused on highway safety as well as drug and alcohol prevention.
A Safe Prom pledge, assembly and presentation promoting teen safe driving took place on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 in conjunction with the Pike County Youth and Drug Court. Presented was”The Every 15 Minutes Program,” which is unique in its design and powerful in its impact. This educational experience reminded us all of the dangers associated with driving while impaired and texting. The crash is staged, the emotions are real. This was a two day event that ended on Thursday, May 15, 2014.
The SAVE Advisor at Biloxi High is Tyrone Varnado.
November 7, 2013 – SAVE includes South Pike High – Magnolia Gazette