St Patrick Catholic High School
Activities planned at St Patrick Catholic High School this year include:
Back to School Activities
- First meeting will be a social activity. We will plan a tailgate party for our homecoming game.
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- Poster Contest.
- Student that wear red will get a treat.
- Football players helmets will be decorated with red. At half time we will hold a candle light prayer for school safety.
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23-27, 2015)
- Mix it up at lunch activity.
- Essay contest.
- Grim reaper activity.
- Sponsor a fingerprinting event.
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May)
- “Buckle up” activity: reward people wearing seat belts a “smartie” candy and a “dum dum” candy, if not. This occurs upon arriving to school in the morning.
- Safe prom pledge, guest speaker for juniors and seniors, raffle a limo for prom, mock accident.
Activities during other times of the school year:
- Valentine’s day activity: “I don’t drink/text and drive, because I love ___”
- Monthly social activities (bowling, skating, laser tag, etc.)
- Birthday cards for members
- Food drive for needy at Thanksgiving.
- Police lead assembly on safe driving. Showed a film, talked and answered questions. Students were very responsive.
The advisor at St Patrick Catholic High School is Sandra Simpson.