South Pike High School
PRESS: South Pike Gets Safe Driving Grant- Enterprise Journal
Back to School Activities
- Driver’s Education
- CPR Training through Physical Education
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- Red Ribbon Week- On October 24, 2014, an assembly was held in the auditorium for the junior and senior classes promoting a day of drug education awareness in honor of Red Ribbon Week. The program began with a welcome by Nicholas Sires. The quest speaker was Tim Vanderslice of the Southwest Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics. Officer Vanderslice offered a passionate plea to students to love them selves, recognize the dangers of drug use and abuse, and to spread the word to friends and family the importance of being healthy and drug free. The program ended with a thrilling performance by Ameriah Taylor as she pledged to be drug-free and encouraged and motivated her peers to also be drug-free.
- Family Individual Health Classes will present different presentations during Red Ribbon Week.
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23-27, 2015)
- The Pike County Youth and Drug Court, Pike County Sheriff Department and Magnolia Police Department will present to students different conflict management skills. These activities will allow students to practice and embrace what they learn through school and community service projects.
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May)
- Host a Safe Prom pledge program
- Host an Every 15 Minutes programs
- Mississippi Youth Highway Safety program assembly will promote teen safety for high school students
- In an effort to encourage safer driving announcements are made daily during homeroom, especially on Fridays, sporting events and monthly newsletter. Spreading the word through Social Media.
Activities during other times of the school year:
- Motivational Speakers
- South Pike High School Annual Blood Drive (United Blood Services)
- MS Scholars Activities such as: Halloween Baskets for Elementary Students, Coat Drive, Canned Food Drive and Holiday Basket giveaway
- Safe Prom Pledge
- Mississippi Youth Highway Safety Programs
The advisor at South Pike High School is Tyrone Varnado.
Thank you South Pike for helping families by collecting food that was needed from the recent Tornado that came through the area! Way to go SAVE members!