Noxubee County High School
PRESS: January 13, 2015-Noxubee County Program Awarded for Safety Efforts -WTVA.com
Activities planned at Noxubee High School this year include:
Back to School Activities
- Host a Back to School Safety Fair that will include a School Supply Drive and Pamphlets on being safe for the school year.
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- Have a rally to promote school safety. School Resource officers and local law enforcement officers will make presentations to students on child safety and prevention.
- Everyday SAVE Chapter President gets on the school intercom and recites a story, quote or message dealing with violence. This month the focus is bullying.
- 1st week will focus on cyber-bullying.
- 2nd week will focus on Physical Bullying
- 3rd week will focus on Verbal Bullying
- 4th week will focus on Sexual bullying
- Poster contest-Stopping the Violence-Judging will take place on October 22.
- Safety Fair that will focus on Safe Driving and Violence Prevention will take place October 27th
- SAVE to announce message on October 31st at the football game – parents and students will sign a pledge.
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23-27, 2015)
- The School will have different events centered around violence prevention throughout the week. These events will include an essay on “How To Make Our Schools Safer,” poster contest and poetry contest.
- The school will conduct a Safety Fair and display what could happen if you are impaired while driving.
- Throughout the month different sponsors will speak on Traffic Safety.
Activities during other times of the school year:
- For the month of February the entire school body recites the following quote which focuses on Character: “Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become deeds. Watch your deeds, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Character is everything.
- The SAVE Chapter will pass out Valentine Heart Suckers in an assembly with a message that says ‘Smile it’s contagious, take one and pass it on’.
- Homecoming, Prom, and Graduation activities that will promote safety for all of our students.
- Are you Aware Event-SAVE members will travel to BL Liddell Middle School and speak to the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students alerting them about Violence Prevention among peers in and out of the community.
The advisor at Noxubee High School is Laphilbia Smith.