White Oak High School – 2014-2015
PRESS: April 19, 2015- Student Earns National Award for Work with SAVE Program -JDNews.com
March 20, 2015- Students head to SAVE Summit – JDNews.com
The SAVE Chapter at White Oak High School has the following activities planned for the 2014-15 school year
Back to School Activities (August-September)
- School Safety Survey
- Priory Problem Checklist
- SAVE students lecture with Sgt. Perrigo and Mr. Laussete during Anti-Bullying lecture for entire school student body of 1,100 students.
America’s Safe Schools Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- No Name Calling Posters/Announcements
- Skits with Hunter’s Creek Elementary School Students
- Rock-A-Thon with Hunter’s Creek Elementary School Students
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23027, 2015)
- Shamrocks for SAVE
- SAVE Summit
- Submit editorials to Local Newspaper
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May 2015), including prom/graduation activities
- School wide assemblies and driver’s education to include driving goggles/Allstate Reps and guest speaker from the State Highway Patrol.
Activities during other times of the school year
- SAVE Students assisted with Christmas Ornaments for the Christmas Tree that was sent to Ferguson, MO.
- Assisted with wrapping Christmas Shoe Boxes filled with toys for Siblings of HCE and HCM Students.
- Families “SAVE” us Bulletin Board Contest
- Assisted with Fall Festival at the Middle School
- Door decorating contest at Hunters Creek Elementary and Hunters Creek Middle School.
- National SAVE Day-Anti Violence Pledge at the High School
- Assisted two families in need.
- Focus on Family- Bulletin Board & decorate SAVE Advisor’s Doors
The SAVE Advisor for White Oak High School is Carol Jackson.