Swansboro High School – 2014-2015
Teen safe driving and school safety activities being planned at Swansboro High School for the 2014-15 school year include:
Back to School Activities
- The chapter will put together a televised announcement to be aired to the student body to help gain new members.
- A back to meeting with snacks to welcome the new members and new ideas.
- Planning for for Drive Alive Event to be held in March, 2015 for over 500 students.
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- Mix it up day in the cafeteria during all lunches
- Hoping to hold a Rock-a-ton
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23-27, 2015)
- SAVE students will visit all three of the local elementary schools to talk to 4th and 5th grade students about bullying.
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May)
- Public service announcement on the televised announcement every day that week on texting/drinking while driving.
- Texting and/or drinking while driving simulation with Drive Alive.
- Texting and/or drinking while driving poster contest. Posters will be displayed in the hall ways
Activities during other times of the school year:
- Successful Unity Day with just around 1000 students and teachers from 3 schools participating in our bullying march.
- Monthly SAVE meetings where the SAVE topic of the Month will be discussed as well as upcoming activities.
- A SAVE float in the Homecoming parade.
The SAVE Advisor at Swansboro High School is Nicholas Bailey.
PRESS: December 18, 2014 –Swansboro High School group receives grant money for youth safety efforts WNCT9