East Chapel Hill High School – 2014-2015
Back to School Activities
- Planning meeting, texting and driving online scholarship activity.
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
October was filled with several activities. On October 7the the students handed out Talk it Up/ Lock it Up info in the car line-Info about keeping alcohol and drugs locked up. On October 22nd Sidewalk Chalk Safe Driving messages where written prior to Homecoming. On October 23rd 3 students attended the Safe Driving Event in Raleigh, NC. The 24th was the Homecoming Rally, PSA and No Texting Poster and threw SAVE stress balls and wristbands to the crowd.
- Participate in a Red Ribbon activity.
National Youth Violence Prevention Week (March 23-27, 2015)
- Dating Violence activity around Valentine’s Day.
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May)
- On Spring Fest day, golf carts will be in the parking lot and students will wear impaired driving goggles and text and drive to experience the dangers of distracted driving. Chapel Hill police will be there taking road sobriety tests.
Activities during other times of the school year:
- PROM Event 4/25/2015 SAVE Chapter is planning a visit at the prom where we are going to hand out letters written by an area school 4ht grade group encouraging the teens to make good decisions and not drink and drive.
- Activities in cooperation with the TRU (Tobacco Reality Unfiltered) Club during National Smoke-out day.
- Fundraising and volunteer activities with the Ronald McDonald House expansion project.
The SAVE Advisor at East Chapel Hill High School is Shari Coveney.