Bunn High School – 2014-2015
Back to School Activities
- Contests to raise money for the local animal shelter and a local domestic violence shelter.
- Coat drive for the needy.
- Created a brochure to help freshmen understand the rules of Bunn High School and information on how to report bullying, drugs, gang activities and more. The members of SAVE visited homerooms and talked about the brochures and distributed them.
- Made posters and cards made with school tip line number and information to anonymously report concerns.
- Had a record year so far for the least amount of fights! Twenty Fight Free Day activity with Sheetz.
- Wall of tolerance
America’s Safe School Week (October 20-24, 2014)
- Made a float for the homecoming and also a float for Christmas.
- Dum Dum and Smarties for divers who were and were not wearing seat belts.
- Drunk Goggles Activity was one of the students favorite activities. Students will be having another one at some point during the school year.
- Students will make anti-bullying posters to put around the school.
- Anti-Bully Week and present the movie “The Bully”.
National Youth Traffic Safety Month (May)
- Teen Safe Driving Activity.
Other Activities Throughout the Year:
- Students will work in conjunction with the Bunn Centennial Committee on a food drive.
- Food, toys and clothing for different charities.
- Planning on having a toy drive for a family whose house burnt down in a fire.
- Will be selling SAVE ornaments with the SAVE colors on them.
- Getting the middle and elementary schools involved is a big priority.
- Planning to create a SAVE Superhero- A mascot for students to look up to and talk to-SAVE members will represent our hero who defends others.